1.29.2009

Uhm, hello.

I realize that I haven't really talked about myself extensively. I mean what do you guys know about me apart from the fact that I'm certifiably insane? Oh and that I am toy crazy, can't keep a guy if my life depended on it and horribly insecure. Geez louise, no wonder people run the other way when they see me coming....

Anyway, before this gets boring, here are a couple tidbits about me:

1. My full name is Rita Celeste J. Espiritu. No you can't call me Rita or Celeste and if you do, be prepared to die. Or ignored. Depends on my mood really.

2. I was born July 18, 1972. You do the math. It was raining the day I was born and it's been like that for all my birthdays. It's like the rain is a permanent party guest.

3. I started talking at 8 months and I haven't stopped since.

4. Started reading and writing at age 3.

5. Wrote my first story at age 6. I called it Hop Little Birdie. My mom still has the "book" that I made. Complete with drawings. Ha!

6. I have a brother, Steven. He's 5 years younger and he's as pretty as I'm handsome. Yeah, somebody up there messed up pretty bad.

7. My maternal grandfather is my hero. He was a policeman. He's tall, handsome, kind and very loving. He died when I was five and I still miss him.

8. I was born a Catholic, then we joined my maternal grandmother's church and became Protestants until I was 10. Then I got baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Been a Mormon ever since.

9. I love books. I can't get enough of them. I like immersing myself into stories. It makes me forget about whatever ails me at the moment.

10. I have a kid. He's 15 years old and his name is David Elijah. He's a good kid and we're all counting ourselves lucky he didn't take after me. Hehe.

11. I used to sleep walk when I was a child. One time my mom caught me climbing the living room window while still asleep.

12. I dance when I feel down, I sing when I have no other choice and I write when I'm inspired.

13. I love iced tea, pizza, Combos, grilled cheese sandwiches, hazelnut brownies and Pods.

14. I'm a compulsive blogger.

15. I love being in love despite being hurt numerous times.

16. One aunt calls me Matsing, another Bunchalay, one uncle calls me Chinggay, most of my cousins call me Ate Chach, work people call me CJ or Siege, friends call me Chie or RCee and my snuggleums calls me baby. It's no wonder I have a bad case of identity crisis.

17. I love sitting on people's laps.

18. I bounce when I'm happy.

19. I love cuddling in.

20. I still put two spaces after every period when typing. Some things are difficult to unlearn.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 PM

    I never knew the two spaces thing about you. Whyfor you do that?

    Sleep walking?
    And where's all your husbands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 And I've learned even more about you than I knew before :) By the way, I like your name...put Celeste Espiritu together and you get a Spirit of Heaven <3 but I'll behave and continue to call you Cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention...did you realize you are younger than I by exactly one month? :D 18 has always been my favorite number..

    ReplyDelete