5.14.2011

Rush. Rush.

To say that I'm swamped with work is putting it mildly.  For the past week, I've been mainlining caffeine by drinking tons of Coke and boosting my flailing system by snaffling down chocolate and anything that is practically made out of sugar.


Todays boost comes from Gatorade, halo-halo, Mini Oreos and packets of KitKat Bites.  Halo halo is a Filipino dessert made with shaved ice, sweetened fruits, candied beans, taro jam, ice cream, tapioca, slivers of flan, milk and sugar.  Literally translated, Halo halo means Mix mix because well... you know why.. unless you haven't been paying attention or just... well, anyway... so my kid goes out to get my mom and I two tumblers of the sweet icy concoction.


Soon as it arrived, I began scooping out the sweetened fruits, the ice cream, the taro jam and the candied beans into my mom's cup. She remained silent throughout the process but when I was finished fishing out the stuff that I didn't like and dumping it into her cup, she looked at me and said, "You should've just bought shaved ice and dumped milk and sugar in it."


Ha!  Maybe next time.  Gotta go write some more now.  See you when I surface next... IF I surface at all.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment